Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full digital control DCDC as ST STEVAL-ISA172V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

asrock70

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I find this eval board https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/steval-isa172v2.html
I was quite interested in it and I would like to try a fully digitally controlled power supply.
Unfortunately, ST somehow forgot to publish the firmware for both controllers STM32F334

I can not find or I am not able to understand the depth of ST management thoughts?

You have not searched for software support for this board
or you know about another better documented project

Hi,

Already written to tech support to enquire? I found ST, like all of these companies have been with my queries about specific ICs at times, answer when the query is seen - maybe a few days, maybe a month. If it's for a production design I suspect they bump you to the top of the priority reply list and hear from them asap.

I wrote on the support but have not yet answered.
The ST forum is a similar query from January 2018 and is unanswered too

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Obviously the board is shipped flashed with a demonstration software. Question is if the kit also includes software sources?

There may be different reasons why the software isn't published freely, e.g. besides IP consideration, it can be because the quality isn't mind blowing.

ST online support has not responded to this day.
Unfortunately!

We received an official reply from ST.
We're sorry, but the source codes for the evaluation board are confidential and are not available.

What to say
OK, but then we are not interested in this evaluation board with price $ 600.

I honestly do not get it
Why ST actually released this evaluation board?
Who buys such a dear and single-handed board when there is no support for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.