Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier classes question

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmdrdo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what amplifier classes I can combine to achieve both linearity and efficiency aside from class AB amplifier?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi,

what do you mean with "combine"?

Mainly there are class A, B, and D...

Theoretically you can combine all of them....it´s a question of effort, circuit and benefit.

Klaus

Before class D, there were hybrid classes which were labeled G or H, depending who held the patents.

But essentially they were quite similar: the supply voltage would be modulated with the audio waveform.

If you are referring to audio power amps, a well-designed Class D amp can have good linearity (low distortion) and high efficiency.

Hello guys!

I can't seem to find a good article on the web about the hybrid power amplifiers. Can you point me to a good source that I can read? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.