Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic18 + nodemcu baudrate problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulpauls

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am working on a project that involves PIC18F45k22 and ESP8266 NODEMCU to get data from a server. I flash the nodemcu with AT firmware from Ai-Thinker. Using MikroC USART terminal I am able to send AT commands and receive the desired response like OK at 9600 baud. Tried it on proteus for simulation also with 9600 baud on uart, connecting the TX -> TX and RX->RX on the COMPIM and also received the right output. When doing it in actual hardware(PIC18F45k22 running on 3.3v and same Tx->Tx Rx->Rx) I dont get any OK response. NODEMCU is powered separately through Vin =5v 1A and ground from PIC and NODEMCU is connected. I tried connecting the nodemcu through USB to PC like I did in the simulation and open the mikroC usart terminal to debug it. To my surprise it receives trash instead of the AT command so I change the baud rate on my code and find that 74880 baud outputs the AT command on 9600 baud rate on the terminal but gives no response. Tried switching to the normal Tx-RX connection no output. Tried some solution on pulling GPIO pins low or high like in this solution https://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2298 but to no avail. Anyone could help? :cry:

Hi,

Usual UART connection is Tx - Rx and Rx - Tx.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.