Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dynamic Logic limitation in inverting logic function

Status
Not open for further replies.

promach

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In second paragraph on page 3 of , why "dynamic domino gates have the severe limitation of not being able to implement inverting logic functions (such as NOR, NAND, XOR and so on)." ?

In Figure 1(c), I understand that m is fan-in. What about k ?

Besides, what is the actual purpose of the NAND gate ?

SPD3L.png

In second paragraph on page 3 of , why "dynamic domino gates have the severe limitation of not being able to implement inverting logic functions (such as NOR, NAND, XOR and so on)." ?
Dynamic Domino Logic uses a second inverting gate in order to preserve the precharge state of the previous stage (s. the linked-to Wiki explanation). Thus the double inversion always results in a logic non-inversion.

In Figure 1(c), I understand that m is fan-in.
I think it's the horizontal sequential identifier of the array Ik,m .

What about k ?
The vertical sequential identifier of the array Ik,m .

Besides, what is the actual purpose of the NAND gate ?
S. the explanation above: the 2nd inverting gate.

Only non-inverting structures are possible because of the presence of inverting buffer.

What do you mean by double inversion ?

What do you mean by double inversion ?

One inversion and one more ;-) in series.

Domino Logic uses one inversion, Dynamic Domino Logic another one (to preserve the precharge state of the first stage).

Status
Not open for further replies.