Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Substitute for NXP's BFG21W RF medium power transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtyfighter

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am curently looking to design a medium power amplifier (200mW Pout @ 900 MHz) working in class AB for handheld devices (3.6V supply voltage) and my first choice was NXP's BFG21W. This one seemed to perfectly fit my requirements, unfortunately it is now obsolete and I am struggling to find an equivalent transistor... Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

If your design is not just for volume production, you can always find this transistor in the distributors even on ebay.A similar but GaAs FET equivalent can be found here

This is also obsolete but there is chance to find some samples.
It's really difficult to find discrete small/medium Power RF transistors in the market nowadays.CEL, NXP, Renesas, Avago, Macom, ONsemi,etc. were manufacturing those types of transistors but everything went to integrated.If I were you I look for a GaAs variant that is more available.
Infineon has also some good stuffs
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/pro...rf-transistor/medium-power-amplifiers/bfp780/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back