Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding application for my voltage reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephi0544

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, my voltage reference circuit with 0.5V Vdd is designed to have a Vref of 0.3V. Designing this part is already done and is simulated using a capacitance load. What I need is a block that needs a 0.3V vref that operates in 0.5V Vdd. Badly need one for the application of my thesis. 29196227_1724788747543781_8971517267741245440_n.jpg

Just add a comparator and an input signal, and pretend the
threshold of interest happens to be 0.3V.

thanks for replying. does the comparator need to be saturated? becuase my work operates in subthreshold. and how much gain should i need? by the way this operated in 65nm tech

I don t really get the purpose of your block ? Why does he need a Vref = 0.3 V ?

my voltage reference circuit with 0.5V Vdd is designed to have a Vref of 0.3V.
By a reference voltage, implicitly implies some accuracy. I would say 0.3v is likely much below the knee region of the p/n junction of most commonly used semiconductor manufacturing technologies (Si≈0,71v/ GaAs≈1,03v), so the output of this circuit could be strongly affected by the temperature changes or even by small variations in manufacturing process; Even a Germanium diode (≈0,27v) it have a large drift on temperature. It would be more reasonable to you think of voltage reference made with a regulator having a voltage much above the 0,3v, and then attenuate it. In general, in dealing with larger values, the associated error is likewise divided with the feedback loop, which in this case would be the resistive divider or any other artifice.

Sub-bandgap references are valuable when your supply
is less than bandgap voltage. There have been many
scholarly papers on such, the "red rag" is a good place
to do an IEEEXplore search and then Google for authors
and titles to find papers that may have "escaped into
the wild" (i.e. outside the Irrelevant Ensemble's pay
wall).

The purpose of our block is for us to show our professors an example to where could our voltage reference be used. Let's say for example we can use it in an oscillator which needs vref. But we need at least two applications so we are looking for another one

Hi,

ADC, DAC, voltage regulators (digital, analog)...

Klaus

Gonna lookk up on those thanks :D

Sub-bandgap references are valuable when your supply
is less than bandgap voltage. There have been many
scholarly papers on such, the "red rag" is a good place
to do an IEEEXplore search and then Google for authors
and titles to find papers that may have "escaped into
the wild" (i.e. outside the Irrelevant Ensemble's pay
wall).

ok what is this "red rag"?

"The IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits (JSSC), also known as the “red rag” by many"

MTUwNTQ5.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this is too much for you but here is a paper which presents a sensor with a supply voltage of 0.3V, maybe this can help you ?

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6044963/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back