Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC gain and transconductance of low frequency OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdesignerbeginner

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
Can some one tell me what is the difference between DC gain and transconductance of OTA.
I have read in research papers that gain boosting techniques are used to improve DC gain rather than transconductance. But according to my knowledge if we increase DC gain, our transconductance will also increase.

Positive feedbacks are used to improve gain then simultaneously the transconductance will also improve. Are they inter related to each other

Hi,
Transconductance is defined as i_out/v_in. Voltage gain as v_out/v_in, current gain as i_out/i_in and transresistance as v_out/i_in.
The DC gain of a single stage OTA is R_out*i_out/v_in. By using gain boosting, you increase the output resistance of the stage thus increasing the DC gain. The transconductance is given by the input diferential pair, the gm of the transistors forming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back