Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PCIE PIO example design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreevenkjan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am having issues trying to simulate the PIO example using the below command which was mentioned in the pg156 manual for ultrascale_pcie_gen_3 from Xilinx.

demo_tb.exe -gui -view wave.wcfg -wdb wave_isim -tclbatch isim_cmd.tcl -testplusarg TESTNAME=sample_smoke_test0

I am able to see the waveform and add the waveforms. However to have a link_up signal I had to wait for sometime until my simulation ran upto 180ns.
I would like to test the other testnames as mentioned in the manual. Could you tell me what command name can I use in the tcl console to get other simulation "testnames" ??

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Sreeni

I'm not familiar with this,

However what you'll find is
demo_tb.exe takes some arguments

I am guessing you just repeat the command

demo_tb.exe -gui -view wave.wcfg -wdb wave_isim -tclbatch isim_cmd.tcl -testplusarg TESTNAME=sample_smoke_test0

However you change the last argument - TESTNAME=sample_smoke_test0 for TESTNAME=different_testname_from_manual

Give that a go, did it work?

Regards,
Wes

However you change the last argument - TESTNAME=sample_smoke_test0 for TESTNAME=different_testname_from_manual

Give that a go, did it work?

Regards,
Wes
actually it should work as the Xilinx PCIe simulations I have looked at have a number of testname tests that can be called to run different tests.

Hi Wes,

when I run the demo_tb.exe I get invalid command name. I cannot find any demo_tb.exe file in the project folder. When I do relaunch_sim it runs sample_smoke_test0 sample file by default. So I was able to replace the default code with other code and then get the simulation running. However the demo_tb.exe command was found in my project.

regards,
Sreeni

- - - Updated - - -

actually it should work as the Xilinx PCIe simulations I have looked at have a number of testname tests that can be called to run different tests.

Yes you can run with different tests by replacing the default code with different test name. But unfortunately I could not find the demo_tb.exe in project dir or get it running.

demo_tb.exe is the result of compiling the simulation in Vivado

xvlog
xelab
xsim runs the .exe file based simulation

demo_tb.exe is the result of compiling the simulation in Vivado

xvlog
xelab
xsim runs the .exe file based simulation

I ran the simulation but unfortunately no demo_tb.exe was generated.

Then start looking for errors in the compilation Vivado tends to get a compilation error and continues on until it gets to something that breaks the tools.

Then start looking for errors in the compilation Vivado tends to get a compilation error and continues on until it gets to something that breaks the tools.

Unfortunately I could not change find the error or the demo_tb.exe. The alternative was to change the testname to one of their sample test programs and get the waveform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back