Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay for Grid Connected Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabu31

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a relay for interfacing PV inverter with grid. The relay should trip (open) in case of faults(Overvoltage/undervoltage) in grids. The rating of system is 220V ac and and maximum current fed to grid is 20A. Could somebody suggest relevant types of relay or weblinks. The relay should be low cost and reliable. Thanks.

I don't know of a suitable relay. You will have to do a search for what is available.

I suggest that you design it so the relay is permanently operated so the PV inverter is connected to the grid.
Thus if any failure occurs, release the relay & thus open the connection.
This also means that if there is a loss of power to your unit, the relay will release, open the connection to the grid & is thus be fail safe.

Try searching voltage monitoring relays. I've never used them so I can't you any specific details. A couple things I would look at is the range of voltage detection. And if you can find one that the range is adjustable to suit what your looking for. You can use a relatively small relay to control and appropriately sized contactor to switch off the mains. Hopefully someone on the forum who has hands on experience with them can tell you the pros and cons of these types of relays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back