Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's going on behind FPGA-based Clouds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manili

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one,

I don't know if this is a good place to ask such question or not, but it's my last hope to find the answer.
These days we see a lot of cloud service companies (like Amazon) are providing their customers with a new service called FPGA-based cloud. I want to know what's happening behind the seen and how do they manage such service?
I watched a lot of Xilinx and Amazon videos about this service (AWS EC2 F1), but none of them helped me to understand what's actually going on. My questions are as follow:
1. Does Amazon allocate a real FPGA chip for the service customer, or it's a kind of virtual one like a VPS?
2. If Amazon allocates a real FPGA for me, is it also dedicated at time I'm using it?
3. If we have a GIANT size RTL code (which could not be place on a single FPGA chip), is it going to take a part our RTL and feed it to different chips?

Did I misunderstand/forget anything at all?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

@ Mohammad Amin Nili

Yes indeed suggestions are to be laughed at by people like you would come once in a blue moon (Join Date:Sep 2014, Posts:28, Helped:0/0), ask questions which are duplicated in other forums, take the answer and disappear until the need arises again.

Note this line:
I don't know if this is a good place to ask such question or not, but it's my last hope to find the answer.
Every free forum is your *last hope to find the answer*!

Last edited:

@ Mohammad Amin Nili

Yes indeed suggestions are to be laughed at by people like you would come once in a blue moon (Join Date:Sep 2014, Posts:28, Helped:0/0), ask questions which are duplicated in other forums, take the answer and disappear until the need arises again.

Note this line:
Every free forum is your *last hope to find the answer*!

I used laughing smily because you used that emoji and thought you were just kidding like the emoji said, sorry about misunderstanding ...
BTW how can I defend myself when you judge me before hearing my answers?!

Thank you and wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back