Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting another audio amplifier to existing circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyl

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,
I have an old, broken cd/tape/radio player with fried final amplifier stage.
Previous owner said that he had accidentally shorted the loudspeakers wires and that fried the audio output.
I've found schematic and the related part of the circuit:
20180312amplifiers.png
View attachment philips fw-c355 hifi.pdf
I want to attach another amplifier because the AN17830A most likely is fried.
I've found separate module with AN7522 and I want to attach it to the circuit (on external board). I've powered AN7522 board from +12V of NJM4556AM and I tried connecting audio to NJM4556AM pins.
When connected directly, there is no audio.
When connected trough 100nF capacitor (does not really matter to which pin, but I mostly tried outputs - 7 and 1 of NJM4556AM and after the 22uF capacitors), the sound is very loud, but very, very disorted.
My question is: can anyone experienced tell me how can I correctly connect the audio amplifier to the board from the schematic? I does not really matter what kind of amplifier, I also have some kind of old computer speakers with built-in amplifier, maybe I could use them. I just want to get a clear sound from this set for my own usage...

First you need to determine if you have a Proper Audio Signal going Into that AN17830 at pins 6 and 8.
If you do, Any amplifier should work.

Why don't you replace with the original one ??
**broken link removed**

"connecting audio to NJM4556AM pins.."
give more details on which audio source you are referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.