Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency of ramp signal to second order system

Status
Not open for further replies.

garimella

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a system, whose open loop TF is G(s) = (s+1/s)*(1/s)

This is a type2 second order system with Kv=0 and Ka=1 as per the final value theorem.

Kv=0 means the system generates a zero steady state error for a ramp input. My question is what is the max frequency of the ramp input (triangular or sawtooth wave) can I inject to the system ?

In commonly understood form, the transfer function is s²/(1 + s²), a high-pass with infinite Q. Doesn't make sense as technical system, infinite oscillating response on any input. Or is it a typo?

The open loop TF is (s+1)/s^2. Closed loop is (s+1)/(s^2+s+1)

Get an overview in a simulation. Of course you can derive the error analytically as well.

sim.PNG

Well from simulation, I found that tracking bandwidth(TB) is typically the region in phase plot where phase lag <= 3 degrees. Beyond this error starts creeping in. My conclusion is TB= cut-off frequency/6. What are your inferred results?

The answer really depends on the acceptable error. A problem with "tracking bandwidth" is that the questioned triangle or sawtooth signals have infinite bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back