Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing Spartan 6 FPGA XC6SLX45 to ADC 3202 (SPI interface)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinmaye

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am trying to interface Spartan 6 board with ADC3202 using SPI interface. The idea is to vary the input voltage of the ADC by varying the potentiometer connected to it and display its corresponding digital value on the LEDs. I am planning to use Verilog coding for the same. Could you please give me an idea as to how to go about it?

Hi,

* Hardware connections (schematic)
* SPI is standard. There are ready to use solutions available
* state machine to control the data protocol and LED control

Klaus

Hello,

I have been trying to search some ready to use solutions for SPI but not able to find any. Could you please guide me on this

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

an internet search "xilinx SPI VHDL" or "xilinx SPI Verilog" gives more than enough hits.

Read through some of them to find out what´s suitable for your application. (we can no know this).
In your next post please give informatrions about your application (wiring, SPI clock frequency, programming language....)

And refer to the document you think that is suitable for your design.

A link to to the ADC datasheet is usefull, too. Then we don´t need to do an internet search.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back