Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium schematic zooms too much when searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I really like using Altium, however the zooming feature just does not work properly for me when searching for example for a text string in the schematic, it always zooms too much. I have played with the various zoom settings and it always zooms in too much for my liking. For example if I do a ctrl-F and then enter a net label or string, Altium zooms right in so close so I can't see the circuit around the net unless I zoom out several levels.

Can anyone tell me what specific zoom setting I need to set for this situation? I'm using version 13.3 if that matters.

I think it is in menu DXP | System | Navigation | Highlight Methods, where there's a slider ranging from "Far" to "Close".

Be aware though, if you set that too Far, DRC errors will not be visible when you select them in the list.

Reactions: Jester

Jester

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I think it is in menu DXP | System | Navigation | Highlight Methods, where there's a slider ranging from "Far" to "Close".

Be aware though, if you set that too Far, DRC errors will not be visible when you select them in the list.

Does not work, always zooms in so the zoomed component is too close, the setting seems to have no effect.

I did learn that doing a R-L simultaneous mouse hold enables zooming with mouse movement.

Last edited:

This has to be the most annoying thing about Altium.
When searching for something as simple as a voltage rail to check what it is connected to, there might be tens or hundreds of nodes, and this zoom problem makes it impossible to get context of what a rail is connected too without closing the search window and zooming out, and then reopening the search window and searching for the next.
How has this not been fixed in the last few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back