Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]Innovus EDI is not placing cells that are not in the standard cell lib

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouakro

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
This may be very basic but this is the first time I'm using Innovus so bare with me. I have a block that contains standard cells as well as a couple cells that are not from the standard cells library. The cells in question that are not from the standard cells library have layouts.
How do I ensure that Innovus places them in my place and route block during PnR? One way of doing it I thought was to place the cells in my floorplan manually but that did not work. I have the manual but I don't know where to start as I don't even know if this is possible. If it's possible please point me to the section that describes how to do it.

Thanks

Re: Innovus EDI is not placing cells that are not in the standard cell lib

Are these cells in question analog cells? I ask because you put your question in the Analog Circuit forum section.

AFAIK Innovus is a digital flow.

Hi Erikl,
The cells that are not from the standard cell lib are custom cells but they're not analog.
I agree, I may have more responses if I moved the post to the digital section.
Regards

Hi Erikl,
The cells that are not from the standard cell lib are custom cells but they're not analog.
I agree, I may have more responses if I moved the post to the digital section.
Regards

Yes, but are they STANDARD cells? can they be placed in rows just like the other cells? if the answer is no, then they are custom and have to be treated as macros. if the answer is yes, your site definition in your lef file doesn't match or your power domains are poorly specified.

They can be placed in rows just like the others but the height is double that of the standard cells. All the other standard cells in the design are placed and routed except for those taller cells so, it looks like I'll need to treat them as macros.
I'm going through the manual to find out how to do that.
I tried placing them in my floorplan manually but they're discarded in the final layout I get form the tool. Is that not possible?
Thanks

You need to learn about double height cells and how to use them. There is full support for double height standard cells in Innovus, but your setup has to be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back