Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Ideal vs Real Laplace model

Status
Not open for further replies.

garimella

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The ideal model of an integrator and VCO is K/s. In reality, what will be the practical Laplace model of these entities.

A real integrator can be respected to show finite DC gain, in other words a low frequency pole rather than a pole in the origin. It has probably also finite bandwidth, represented by one or more high frequency poles.

What would TF look like for real integrator and what about vco

For integrator what is the value of a? I found that vco and counter combinations form an integrator with TF 1/s. Please clarify

For integrator what is the value of a?
I found that vco and counter combinations form an integrator with TF 1/s.
Can you understand VCO ?

Can you understand Voltage-Domain Model and Phase-Domain Model ?

Even if you choose Phase-Domain Model, VCO is not an integrator.

OK can the model be expressed for both the domains. If yes what will be their representation. As in previous post, please explain what value of a is to be considered for integrator

I think the question is pointless without referring to specific integrator implementations. Pole frequency can be µHz up to kHz, depending on the circuit and it's purpose. You can even have intentionally lossy integrators with pole frequency higher than kHz.

For RC integrator, say RC=1, ideal model is 1/s. Now should I consider, practical model as 1/s+1?
I need tf of vco to simulate in matlab

Let`s turn things clear; show us what is the circuit you are trying to simulate. In general simplifying assumptions are the best approach to take, as for example considering the integrator of the S/H as a constant flat value over the (short) time in which it operates, unless you are willing to check how your circuit would behave out of the range for which it was intended to be used.

Sorry there was a typo in #9. My question was general not specific to circuit design. I could understand from post #8, that integrator can be modeled as a miller type and can be approximated with TF = 1/r1c1 (s+1/r2c2). This is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.