Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface Micro controller with dongle device? Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RakehSheikh

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to interface Micro controller with dongle device ? Is it possible?

I want to interface cortex M3 micro controller specifically [STM32F103C8T6] with a usb 3g dongle to communicate over long distance with host server/pc. But I dont know whether it is possible or not ? If yes, then how?

I m new in this field and dont know much bout the micro controller except 8051. I m seeking help from someone experience who can give me some direction on how to get it done on this type of micro controller. What would be the protocols or means by which we can integrate b/w dongle device and micro controller.

Thank you

Re: How to interface Micro controller with dongle device ? Is it possible?

It's not possible with 32F103 in particular because it exposes only a USB device (peripheral) interface. Host capable USB OTG interfaces are available with some F2xx and larger STM32 devices.

The USB interface stack involves a lot of overhead, why don't you use one of the popular GSM modules with serial interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.