Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with lvs in cadence layout using calibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrasonic.1991

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i'm trying to apply lvs test to the layout of my circuit that is a transimpedance amplifier which uses 4 spiral inductors . i encountered some problems . it gives 16 error which 4 of them is saying "incorrect instances" and point to the 4 spiral inductors . 3 of them is saying incorrect ports and point to the vdd , gnd and input port . another 9 errors say incorrect net and i dont know they are about what ! can someone help me with this errors i attached the file of my layout and my schematic

Attachments

• schematic.rar
    12.1 KB · Views: 111
  • layout.rar
    16.9 KB · Views: 108

It is usually better to post pics instead of files.

Try fixing your port problems first. Make sure your pins labels are correct.

- - - Updated - - -

It is usually better to post pics instead of files.

Try fixing your port problems first. Make sure your pins labels are correct.

hi i'm trying to apply lvs test to the layout of my circuit that is a transimpedance amplifier which uses 4 spiral inductors . i encountered some problems . it gives 16 error which 4 of them is saying "incorrect instances" and point to the 4 spiral inductors . 3 of them is saying incorrect ports and point to the vdd , gnd and input port . another 9 errors say incorrect net and i dont know they are about what ! can someone help me with this errors i attached the file of my layout and my schematic

sounds like the problems I was having. In my case the label text was a different layer than the pins themselves. You might want to check that. After I corrected the issue calibre automatically reduced the number of parallel of devices.

i made some changes i checked what you said and now there is 1 port error which points to gnd 4 incorrect instance errors as it was before and 11 net errors. anything i do i cant solve the error about gnd port . i figured that when i put the lable layer to metal1-pin and the pin layer to metal- dg it has the least errors if i change both to metal1-pin it gives more port errors but however the error for gnd doesnt go away .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back