Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor Manual Move and Position Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakibnaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

I am doing a project where I have Stepper Motor. Most of the case I am driving the Motor using Stepper Driver which works via SPI. And I can track the Motor position when I made Move.

But in some case I need to Move the Motor Manually by hand. And need to track the position as well. So when the Driver starts operating then I can compensate the Manual hand move position.

Any idea if its possible?

Also I am using high torque Stepper NEMA 17 14:1 Gear. And its difficult to move by hand as the shaft is tight. Any other type Stepper Motor type I can consider in my choice? If its possible to control the shaft tightness via electronics will be great. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hi,

If its possible to control the shaft tightness via electronics will be great. Any idea?
Switch off or reduce the motor current.

Position: you need a rotation sensor.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.