Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Virtuoso - Unable to Save Cellview

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbhishekRK

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I came across an issue in Cadence Virtuoso (6.1.7) in which few layout designers are not able to save their layout cellviews. The error in CIW is mentioned below:

Code dot - [expand]
*WARNING* (DB-270000): dbSave: Unable to rename /proj/msl_blr/jvenkite/explorer/sandbox_jvenkite/layout.oa.blr-lx55.pmc-sierra.bc.ca.10263.20180305113525.tmp.a to /proj/msl_blr/jvenkite/explorer/sandbox_jvenkite/master_ns/layout/layout.oa due to OS error code: '2': "No such file or directory"..
*WARNING* Cellview sandbox_jvenkite master_ns layout could not be saved.

When I checked the path from terminal, I confirmed that user is having read and write permissions.

Also, one of the user reported that the error vanishes after some time automatically, while another user reported that it happened because of cdslck files. After he removed all cdslck files and refreshed from virtuoso window, the error vanishes. So far I have not got any luck in debugging this error

Can anyone please help me figure out the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,Abhishek,
Isn't it because of the file is locked when editing layout?

Cambridge

are you able to open the cell view only in the read mode? If you are not able to edit, then I would look for cdslck files in your home and project directories. You might have to remove them and reopen the layout view of your cell. If you are able to edit now, then the issue should be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back