Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to comment out part of a DEF file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttxs

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For some debugging purpose, I need to comment out SPECIALNET sections or part of SPECIALNET sections.
The tool is Cadence. However, I notice there are tens of thousands of lines in my DEF for one special net. What is the best way to comment out a range of lines in DEF file?

use an external tool like awk to remove the lines you don't want with regular expressions

Some tools have an option like -skip or -section for read_def commands which can help you read-or-skip only those sections from the def. or either manual or awk/sed/vim

Yes with -noSpecialNet you will comment all Special nets in innovus, but if you want to comment out some of the special nets, as it is in the question, you can use awk/grep ... as Sam wrote.
You can try something with defOut -selected as well. But probably best way is an external tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back