Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In a GDS with multiple cells in parallel (no one topcell), how can I create a topcell

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a GDS (library of cells), where all cells are in parallel. There isn't a topcell.

For example, you'll see this hierarchy:
-cell1_horizontal
-cell1_vertical
-cell2
-cell3

What I want to do is, take all these cells and put them under 1 topcell so it looks like this:
-library_topcell
-cell1_horizontal​
-cell1_vertical​
-cell2​
-cell3​

How can I do that in CalibreDRV?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Does your question refer to the GDSII file storage or to creating a hierarchical design in your layout tool?

As for the GDSII format: cells are stored one after another. There is no "top cell", but you can create a hierachical design by inserting cell instance references ("SREF") into other cells.

In the Calibre DESIGNrev reference manual (calbr_drv_ref.pdf in Calibre's docs directory), see the example in $L create cell -- it sounds similar to what you want.

I would just use calibredrv for this. very easy to create a hierarchy with scripting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back