Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to fix error: To RESHAPE the number of elements must not change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew989

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm trying to write Matlab code for OFDM receiver block for 16QAM. but I have an error with reshape command.

Code:
Bit_Num = 4; 
FFT_Num = 64; 
Carrier_Num = 48;
OFDM_per_Symbol = 1; 
CP = 16;  
LI = 12; 
Np = 4; % Number of pilot
Carriers = 1:Carrier_Num + Np;
N_Num = Bit_Num * Carrier_Num * OFDM_per_Symbol;

%Generate the random binary stream for transmit test 

BitTx = randi(1,N_Num);

%Modulate (generates 16QAM symbols)

N_Num = length(BitTx);
SymQAMtmp = reshape(BitTx,4,N_Num/4).'; 
SymQAMtmptmp=bi2de(SymQAMtmp,2,'left-msb');
...;

It is hard to say when you give so little description of what you are trying to achieve. I presume what you are doing is based on the 802.11g WiFi standard.

Firstly, I suspect you have not looked at how the randi() function should be called. I suspect you may want something more like:

Code Matlab M - [expand]
BitTx = randi([0,1],N_Num,1);

There are probably other issues with your code. For example, it seems likely to me that you should be using Bit_Num in some of the places that you have hard-coded the number 4. I suggest you spend a minute to describe what your intentions are.

thank you so much. for randi I should write [0,1] to generate the random binary number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back