Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to take pulse output from digital energy/electricity meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymin_d

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have digital energy meter which commonly used nowadays and Arduino Uno board.
I want to take a pulse output (digital pulses) from this digital energy meter. So, I can give that pulses to Arduino Uno board for counting and monitoring the pulses.

I know about pulse output from the analog energy meter as described here. I have done this task with analog energy meter and got pulses.

But, don't know how to take the pulses from digital energy meter.

Is there any necessary circuit or IC require i.e. MCT2E or any other?

Please let me know, How can I take a pulse output from digital meter and give to my Arduino Uno board.

Regards,

Your questions are way too vague. What do your pulses look like, 1000000 Volts at 200GHz? .0001 V at .2 Hz?

The stupid answer to your question "How can I take a pulse output from digital meter and give to my Arduino Uno board" is: with a wire. But I think that's not what your question really is. You really need to provide more information.

So, you show a picture of how to connect to a meter that you're NOT going to use, and ask how to connect to a TOTALLY DIFFERENT instrument. That's like saying: 'Here's a map of how to get to London; how do I get to a different city whose name I'm not going to tell you?'

So, you show a picture of how to connect to a meter that you're NOT going to use, and ask how to connect to a TOTALLY DIFFERENT instrument. That's like saying: 'Here's a map of how to get to London; how do I get to a different city whose name I'm not going to tell you?'

Hi,

But, I don't know that how to do that, that's why am asking the question here.
If I know it then why I should ask here, right?

I am seeking the solution, so then I know at least.

I have given the information which I know and I am asking with that reference which I don't know. What is wrong, I did or I am doing in this?

Thank You

You have not told us WHAT you are trying to connect to. Why is that so hard to understand? You say "...from this digital meter" and then don't say what THIS is. I'm not a mindreader. Unless you can provide more information, I'm not going to waste any further time on this thread.

You have not told us WHAT you are trying to connect to. Why is that so hard to understand? You say "...from this digital meter" and then don't say what THIS is. I'm not a mindreader. Unless you can provide more information, I'm not going to waste any further time on this thread.

As mentioned in very first, that I have digital energy meter and want to interface with Arduino Uno board for taking digital pulses from meter.

I have attached the reference link for, that similar like this I want to interface. Only change is that in reference link they are taking digital pulses from Analog meter and I want to take out pulses from digital meter.

Anyhow, attached the basic in this thread. Hope, you will get better clarity this time.

interface.png

Please let me know if more information require. I will provide.

Hi,

Still it's a waste of time as long as you don't tell us the manufacturer and type of your meter.

It's on you to give this information.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back