Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the relationship between preroute extraction and congestion calculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttxs

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
To my understanding preroute extraction is to simply calculate r_per_um and c_per_um on each grid of the floorplan, before routing.
Congestion calculation happens after routing, to reflect congestion_H and congestion_V.

Is my understanding correct? Does congestion calculation requite any results of preroute extraction?

To my understanding preroute extraction is to simply calculate r_per_um and c_per_um on each grid of the floorplan, before routing.
Congestion calculation happens after routing, to reflect congestion_H and congestion_V.

Is my understanding correct? Does congestion calculation requite any results of preroute extraction?

completely different concepts, no relationship. extraction is to calculate Rs and Cs, preroute extraction is just the lowest quality extraction there is. congestion is to mesure the utilization of routing resources.

Reactions: ttxs

ttxs

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back