Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Drill drawing layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzsawq21

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to generate gerber files in Altium
I could placed drill table in drill drawing layer but how should I show drill guide like below?
Pcb_LiveDrillDrawing-highlight-800x440.png
actually I need it to generate a Fab Layer.

Thanks

I'm not quite sure what you're asking but if you're asking how to generate a drill/fab drawing, the way I do it is by using an .outjob file. Here, you can set which layers you want to use to generate your fab drawing. There's a bit of a learning curve, and the whole think is pretty clunky and non-intuitive (like much of Altium) but in the end it's probably worth learning how to use outjobs.

The other way to do it is:File/Fabrication Outputs/Drill Drawings

Not sure why you want your Fab drawing to be a Gerber.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking but if you're asking how to generate a drill/fab drawing, the way I do it is by using an .outjob file. Here, you can set which layers you want to use to generate your fab drawing. There's a bit of a learning curve, and the whole think is pretty clunky and non-intuitive (like much of Altium) but in the end it's probably worth learning how to use outjobs.

The other way to do it is:File/Fabrication Outputs/Drill Drawings

Not sure why you want your Fab drawing to be a Gerber.

I have generated the greber files as you are told. but my problem is:
in the FAB Layer there are stack-up, drill table, drill guide, some texts
test.JPG

How should I show drill guide symbols on the PCB? as you see with some red symbols in the first pic.

That's why you use an outjob. you select which layers you want on your drawing, and which ones you don't.

It's still not clear what you are asking. What do you mean "show drill guide symbols on the PCB"? You've got arrows and checks and I don't have any idea what you're trying to convey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back