Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What is the significance of VIA FILL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anklon

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the significane of VIA FILL ?

During my P&R, I noticed an option called VIA FILL in innovus . I would like to know do we need via fill ?
What will be its physical significance?

My DRC rule during layout design never asked for any kind of percentage or density fir VIAs.

Re: What is the significane of VIA FILL ?

During my P&R, I noticed an option called VIA FILL in innovus . I would like to know do we need via fill ?
What will be its physical significance?

My DRC rule during layout design never asked for any kind of percentage or density fir VIAs.

It's just like metal fill. Modern technologies have tight requirements to avoid underfill/overfill in vias. Innovus, however, is not smart enough to handle this. TSMC offers external scripts to do fill, for instance.

My DRC simulation do not provide any Rules violation regarding VIA fill. Should I concern about it ?

My DRC simulation do not provide any Rules violation regarding VIA fill. Should I concern about it ?

I will let you think about it and come to a conclusion on your own.

Why extra VIAs are placed during metal fill in INNOVUS?

When I use "Route->Metal fill-> add " option in INNOVUS , along with the metal dummy layers, it also place many vias across the core. I have found no option to prevent this. Why this via's are placed along with metal fill ? what kind of purpose this serve ?

There is an option for via fill in "Route -> via fill -> add" so that one can include via fill if needed. I have found no need to add some vias along with metal fill by default .

Any link of resources for better understanding will be appreciated. I'm using TSMC180 technology.
Thank you for your time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back