Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: How to remove glitches at the output of brown out detector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poojadholam

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have designed brown out detector circuit. it consists of current mirror +power on dealy+ brown out detector + comparator with hysteresis. but at the output i am getting glitches while power supply is rising and falling (appox. 3.75 us). i want to remove those glitches. can anyone tell me how to remove it?

Re: How to remove glitches at the output of brown out detector?

Possibly with an RC filter and if necessary another comparator. You could also use monostables. There are several analog alternatives or you could do it with digital circuits to poll the signal and only change output after your detector is showing a stable output.

Brian.

Hi,

Why remove? Why not avoid them by a redesign?

Klaus

How? what changes should i make?

Can you post a schematic of what you've designed so far?

Vz1.png

here is my schematic. i

Yikes! It's going t take some effort to reverse analyze that. Can you give a quick run-through of how it's supposed to work?

Vz1.png

Right side Vpor:
When Vdd > vgs1+vgs2+vgs3: current will start flowing through M5 which will charge the capacitor(M6). And vourt will start tracking power supply. reset will be 1. as soon as capacitor charges till Vlow= Vd1+Vd2+Vgs4= 2V reset will be 0.
when power supply goes down than Vlow M4 will turn off. M7 will pull Vctrl to the gnd. M8 will turn on,capacitor(M6) will discharge through M8 faster.
left side of Vpo:
r is comparator with hystersis. so it will compare two input and give output high or low.
I put inverter after Vout because i required opposite output.

Status
Not open for further replies.