Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Multi-channel remote control system questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nbaum74

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Excuse my illiteracy. I would like to know where to find more information on how to build or purchase a remote control system that would allow me to have multiple main channels with separate sub channels as well. For example A1,2,3 B1,2,3 etc. I would only need the remote to be simple on and off action that operates solenoids. Appreciate any insight.

What's the difference between "A1,A2,A3,B1,B2,B3" and "1,2,3,4,5,6"?

But never mind that. How about trying: Google search, wireless remote?

You are in for a GREAT, BIG SURPRISE! There IS SO MUCH STUFF OUT THERE!!!!! ( 2,130,000 results returned on my search)

Maybe you could supply a little more information so that someone could narrow down the answer to your question from 2,130,000 possibilities.

I say A123 and B123 because I would like 3 solenoids(numbers) per unit(letters). I have done quite a bit a searching but I come up short with search terminology. What kind of control unit would function in the way I described above?

Hi,

I don't understand.
You say three solenoids. So 1-2-3
Why A123 and B123?

You can't find words for an internet search and we - or at least I - don't understand your post....
Difficult to help.

Maybe you could post a drawing...

Klaus

how to build or purchase a remote control system that would allow me to have multiple main channels

Trying to catch the intent behind your question, the first thing that would come to the mind of a person born in the last century like me, it would be to split the appliances of the same array within common frequency bands, which would reduce the chance that the user would inadvertently click on a different plant actuator in the same command sequence (if all the commands were simultaneously accessible). But this need not necessarily to be so, as long as your firmware does this control. In the past, remote controls were too simple, just a kind of parallel-to-serial converter sending a code which had to match exactly with the same pattern coded on the receiver side (the serial-to-parallel converter). Nowardays, with the support of very small/ultra-low-power-consumption microcontrollers, it is very simple to send the commands within 'robust' protocols, so the issue ultimately lies in the scope of to make a "menu" on the remote-control as reliable/errorproof as you can; therefore, the concept of channel in such context now it would be more an abstraction restricted to the operability of the remote control, not anymore an implementation somewhere on the physical layer.

Can you picture what your input system is like? Your description suggests you want a handheld unit with a row of 3 buttons on top labelled A,B,C. And a similar row of buttons below, it labelled 1,2,3.
Designing the input system will be a major step toward deciding how to arrange the way you send signals.

I would like to have a remote that would have the capability to switch between multiple units, and while switched to a specific unit be able to activate multiple solenoids by pressing 1,2,3, or 4. So say I want three units out in the field a,b, and c. I would like to be able to be able to first choose which unit I wanted to control, then be able to choose which of the four solenoids will be activated on that unit. Real world example being e-collars for dog training. I can choose which collar I want to have control of then from there I can choose the action, noise, stimulation, etc. I hope this gives everyone a better idea of my meaning.

Hi,

Still confusing...

Give exact answers witnout much words.
* how many units (exact number)
* how many solenoides per unit (exact number)
* what distance between remote and unit. (Value with unit)
* do you need feedback from the units/solenoids? Yes/no
* if yes: how? Via RF and remote control? Or else?

Show a sketch.

Klaus

Hobby circuit is a multi channel remote control system. The main sections of the multi channel remote control circuit are the RF receiver and transmitter. By using this circuit we can control 8 devices, each of them independently by pressing the push buttons. When the button is pushed, corresponding relay is turned ON and is turned OFF on the next push. Hope this helps to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.