Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multisim matrix singular error while designing a Band Pass Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedhamzahasan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to test a simple BPF in multisim. But it is giving me "matrix singular error" and I can't seem to diagnose the problem.
Here is the circuit, help if possible.

New Bitmap Image - Copy.jpg

Insert a small resistance on the source side to solve the error.

Attachments

• bode.png
    bode.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 170
"matrix singular error"

This is a cryptic all-purpose error which the simulator displays to tell you it cannot decide the result of a particular step as it seeks to converge on a solution. In your case it apparently wants some ohmic resistance inline with the inductor and/or capacitor, so it can derive a time constant using a formula RxC or L/R.

I guess the issue is brought up by the perfect DC short between all circuit nodes during initial transient solution. Using inductors with a small default series resistance like Ltspice does avoids this trivial SPICE trapdoor.

Operating a lossless LC filter without any source or load impedance is unworldly and pretty useless, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back