Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any conditions or prerequisites on simultatin dielectric objects ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4M

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello , i would like to simulate a design of a dielectric object , and while I am gathering documentation I have read that "the resonance frequency of a dielectric must be complex " , could you please comment on that because it is not clear for me , and if there is any other prerequisites I would be very grateful if you could mention them.
Best regards!

Thank you !
I need to know why the use of a complex frequency ? and let consider we are follow up with that sentence how should I define the resonance frequency should I say Fr = 7+0.14i ghz ???!

I need to know why the use of a complex frequency ?

From successive measurements along the frequency axis, it is possible to infer a mathematical model for the dieletric constant, and this would no longer be treated in the Maxwell equations as a scalar, but vector value varying with the frequency. Anyway, such behavior occurs at bands of higher frequencies, in which many other effects besides this should be computed as well. This happens due to the delay in changing the dipoles within the dielectric, a kind of inertia, opposing to the varying field on its magnitude and polarity.

let consider we are follow up with that sentence how should I define the resonance frequency should I say Fr = 7+0.14i ghz

In multiplication or division operations, where both the frequency and the dielectric force are present as multiplying parameters, it would be necessary to transform this complex number value into its polar form, and so it would be easiest to calculate. Anyway, as you are referring to "simulation" I would have expected that you present a dielectric constant in the complex form as function of the frequency, not a constant value for a specific frequency, but I may have not understood what you want.

Reactions: B4M

B4M

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello!
I would have expected that you present a dielectric constant in the complex form as function of the frequency, not a constant value for a specific frequency, but I may have not understood what you want.
no actually I am considering a lossless dielectric which means dielectric constant is a constant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back