Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LNA Design for RF Front End (HF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedhamzahasan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone!

I have just started making a super het transceiver and I'm facing problems in very first section. Right after signal enters through antenna we have an LNA to reduce(not completely eliminate) noise and to amplify the signal as well.
My Question is about the design of LNA. I have seen some videos and studied it but can you give formulas and help regarding power level, impedance matching, and components selection etc.
I'm a newbie and starting edaboard forum.

Chio! :grin:

-LNAs don't reduce the noise,controversially they add extra noise.
-In order to design an LNA, you should completely understand and study the basic principles such as;
**Impedance Matching
**Biasing techniques for Transistors
**Noise,Gain,Reflection,Linearity ..What they are, what they are used for..
**Components and their characteristics..

Some others can also be added.
So, briefly there is no such "step-by-step" method to design any kind of circuit. Every circuit, every design has its' own methods,own techniques,own difficulties.
I suggest you read some textbooks before dealing with this task.

Status
Not open for further replies.