Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interpreting a circuit about Diodes and Capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

luc_9

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I am stumped with this circuit below. I am unable to visualize what this circuit does and how the current will flow in the positive half and negative half. Anyone able to help?

Attached is what I thought on the positive cycle is that correct? What about the negative cycle?

How should I visualize this circuit? The diode are place in a way that kind of remind me of a full wave rectifier

- - - Updated - - -

Circuit1.png Adding the original circuit drawing..

Attachments

• Positive Cycle.png
    Positive Cycle.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 56

Interpreting AC circuit with Diodes and Capacitor

Hi guys,

My apologies. Seems that my first post earlier on has some sort of issues. Which cause me to double post.. So I have this circuit below which I am unable to visualize what is going on. It is an AC Circuit with diodes and capacitor. Anyone can kindly go through with me what is happening in the positive cycle initially and the negative cycle and thereafter ? Attached is what I think of the positive cycle. I also added a ? in it I am unsure of the flow current as I proceed. Thank you and have a good day!
Circuit1.pngPositive Cycle.png

Forget the resistors for now, just look at each stage A-B, B-C, C-D, D-E, E-G individually and see what voltage appears across the capacitors after each pulse of input voltage. When you have worked out the voltages after several input pulses, follow the series connection of diodes and capacitors from A to G and see what total voltage is across them.

For now, assume the diodes are ideal and have no forward voltage drop or dynamic resistance. When you get to the A-G calculation you could then consider that the total would be somewhat less because of the drop across each PN junction.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.