Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Isolated or Non-Isolated DC/DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

tictac

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I want to design DC/DC converter with the below specification:

Vin=10 volts to 14 volts
Vout=12 volts to 36 volts
Iout(maximum)=30 Ampere

I can use non-isolated converter . Which is better for this smps? Non-isolated or isolated?
Which topology do you prefer for the converter with the variable output voltage ?

Regards,

By some study I think full-bridge is better for this type of converter.the below picutrs is from "http://schmidt-walter-schaltnetzteile.de" so the full bridge is better with lower peak primary current .
Please give me your idea about full-bridge or half-bridge or other topology and your idea about selecting proper mosfet for primary switches and output diodes.
half-bridge simulation :
half-bridge.jpg
full-bridge simulation :
full-bridge.jpg

Regards,

For that current, i would do a load of interleave switched Boosts followed by Interleave switched Bucks

Here is some relevant stuff on paralleled bucks for you, in this application. Its buck but similar applies to other topolgy

- - - Updated - - -

You could boost up to say 60V and then you could use nice low rdson fets in the bucks and boosts.

Attachments

• Low Vout high current SMPS.zip
    135.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tictac

tictac

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Simple sepic converter will do the job easily ... however due to the high current - 30 amps - it may be well to use two sepics, 180 degrees out of phase... 15A each ...

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.