Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone knows about Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

udhay_cit

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is a big and interesting technology. lot of physics, optical and signal conditional topics are involved. But I need to know the theory of operation of this DTS temperature sensing technology. I've collected lot of study material regarding.

Let me allow to give some points to discussion.

I need to measure a hot spot temperature of a surface with the help of fiber optic temperature sensor. The sensors are available with me which has a GaAs tip which is the sensing area. This technology works in the principle of Raman back scattering effect. The light sent through the fiber optic is reflected back with the drift in wavelength. The wavelength difference is corresponds to the sensing tip temperature.

Now I need to know how to measure the optical wavelength changes with an electronic sensor and signal conditioning unit.

I have few sensor units (Cost around $350) with me with high accuracy and rapid response time. But its very hard to me to understand the measuring technique. Any one can help me regarding this?

Udhay

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 98
  • raman.jpg
    raman.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Diagram_Raman.png
    Diagram_Raman.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 108

Status