Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where does the electronics engineering and physics science meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarikelec

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
As you have noticed, i have asked a question related to physics and electronics engineering. I am an electronics engineer and I have studied a basics physics and I love it. I want to focus my career in doing electronics related to physics because I like it. so I am asking which field or domain I can do math calculations for solving physical(electrodynamics, nuclear physics) problems and ending doing electronic engineering for it.

thanks for your advise

Quantum computers? Both electronics engineering and physics science are needed to get forward, and a lot of money is invested in this field now, because there is a race to get first to the market.

electronics engineer with a minor in physics (or if you want to get more in depth, do physics also; so you would have two degrees). I took astrophysics for one of my subjects as an electrical engineer (I wish I had a minor, but I only chose to get electrical engineering degree only with no minor). You will have to take quantum physics courses!

I want to focus my career in doing electronics related to physics

Perhaps something that covers both the two worlds, either physics and electronics (in the form of programming), there are the field solvers; simulators for electromagnetic fields with which we can predict the behavior of electromagnetic fields within or around different materials (antennas, ferrite cores, motors, etc...), and even running away from electricity, the same concept can be used to simulate other physical transport phenomena, such as heatsinking and fluid flow.

The degree I did at Southampton university was called 'physical electronics' a great blend (at the time) of electronic engineering and the physics of semiconductors or Solid state physics.
As std_ match has said in an earlier post quantum computing is emerging and requires significant quantum mechanics knowledge married to computer hardware knowledge and computer architecture.
Another area that is likely to become commercially important would be the emerging quantum biology field where new electronic devices will be required. There are now quantum biology masters degrees available.
Have fun.

thank you guys for your tips. to take a new degree at my age(beginning of my thirties) is quite difficult. I have done some courses in physics(electrodynamics and semiconductor physics but not as deep as the guys from physics department that is why I am not satisfied) and mathematics. I am thinking to take some courses or self taught for simulators for electromagnetic fields, quantum computers and quantum biology as you guys are suggesting. the things that triggerd me is that when we have done the physics courses, I knew at that moment that the phyisics and maths are the true trigger of science and technology and I wanted really know how thinks works and not just using them as tools

Tunnel diode

A tunnel diode or Esaki diode is a type of semiconductor that is capable of very fast operation, well into the microwave frequency region, made possible by the use of the quantum mechanical effect called tunnelling.

I think i will start with the electromagnetism and quantum computers. what do you think of the lecture of Pr.Richard Feynman on this topics? I have already read little bit of his books but I am not sure if they are sufficient !

Status
Not open for further replies.