Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Peak in the frequency response of the amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahroba92

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
peak in frequency response of amplifier

Hi,

I have designed an amplifier in CMOS technology which has inductive peaking technique in active form for extending its bandwidth.

In frequency response simulation, before 3-dB frequency, the amplifier has about 1 dB peak.

How should I understand about the allowable value of peak … is that different for various applications?

How should I report the amount of gain? The dc value or with peak (1 dB larger)?

I have to sweep the gain with one of the parameter in the amplifier, and I don’t know sweep the dc gain or the gain with peak value.

Thank you.

Re: peak in frequency response of amplifier

Peaking means creating a zero on TF.Here, the main consideration is the stability of the amplifier.
in order to do that, Phase and Gain Margin specs. should carefully be examined.Poe-Zero positions must be checked.

Re: peak in frequency response of amplifier

thanks for your answer.

I have written the transfer function and pole-zero are located in LHP.

my amplifier is a VGA (variable gain amplifier). in a paper that I have read before, said that 1 dB peak in allowable.

is there any special reason for this 1 dB?

Status
Not open for further replies.