Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433 wireless antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

65impala

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how does one get more range out of a wireless relay controller?
It has a built in 433 strip antenna a only has 50 ft range my application requires 200 to 300 ft range .

Bigger/better antenna? Higher power output? That's a pretty vague question.

let me rephrase the question where can one find an antenna that has more range?

And how do you go about getting more power to the antenna?

you can get an antenna with higher gain. But it will be very directional (i.e. you have to point the transmit antenna right at the receiver for it to work at all).

Semtech makes a chip that works at this frequency range that would have the range you want, because they heavily code the digital transmission and make up the range in "coding gain". Look up any of the LORA modulated chips.

Also if it is one way communications, you could simply add a transmit amplifier. It is likely you are only transmitting at a miliwatt or so, so adding a 100 mw output amplifier would help a lot (assuming the country you are in would legally allow that effective radiated power).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back