Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Transfer Curve of Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanvir_jewel

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MSEDN.jpg

Can anyone help me out to design a circuit with opAmp using this transfer curve?

Here, OpAmps +V(sat) = 15v and -V(sat) = -15v

in what application are you going to use this function?

the first that comes to my mind is to put together 3 inverted amplifier for each part of the function. Then you need 2 comparators, analog muxer with at least 3 inputs and would need a voltage supply that exceeds ±15V - and some logic gates between so it can choose the appropriate function.

That will be a mess - espechially if it's supposed to be little faster than slow.

Hi,

I assume the key function is when output is -10V...+10V.
This is just an inverting amplifier. Gain = -2.5

beyound 10V or -10V just causes distortion. Usually not wanted. Are you sure you need to design for |output_voltage| > 10V?

Klaus

Are you using an ideal model of the 741? Using a typical-real 741, you won't get it to swing up to the supply rails.

Below is more realistic what to expect.

Attachments

• 741.png
    741.png
    8 KB · Views: 94
  • 741_sat.png
    741_sat.png
    8 KB · Views: 87

Status
Not open for further replies.