Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB desging ideas for the given circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

thannara123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have made an AC volt and Ampere meter,Now i am trying to make its PCB ,
I drawn a the circuit as to place the components (with my logic)
i need to it is compact mode .
i am requesting to experts for sugggest me ,
is it good way or any comment ?
Thanks
IMG_20180215_200949_HDR.jpgIMG_20180215_194356.jpg

Hi thannara123,

I saw on a projects web a ICL7106/7 voltmeter where they'd put the ADC and a few components that fitted in the remaining space under the LCD - it did really save quite a lot of space. Not aware if that is bad for the ADC for some reason or not...looks efficient space-wise and functional, though. And I suppose that would depend on a multi-layer pcb or through-hole design.

I agree with d123..
If you use SMD equivalent of the components and place underneath of the display, you will get a very compact Ampere meter.
-Pay attention to current carrying PCB tracks and use proper width
-If the voltage is sufficiently high, pay also attention to the distance between tracks who carry the high voltage
-Don't forget to use EMC precautions if the environment is "dirty"
-Take care about GND connections,signal paths,decoupling ties, etc.

There are many things to be considered..

I just say you did good work,, but still there are many things need to be fixed.. such as EMC precautions etc.

Hello!

I guess everything has been said about the functionality, and the care you have to take about
possibly high voltages, currents, etc...
Now from my point of view, assuming everything you have drawn is right, you should consider
not to write your circuit in a single block. It makes small circuits look unnecessarily complicated.

Some hints:
- Don'r draw the ground line, there are symbols for ground, that you can place everywhere you want.
The cad software (I would recommend Kicad with is free and powerful), will know that all the grounds
symbols are a single symbol and are connected.
- Same remark for your power line (+5V).
- Divide your circuits into blocks. And you should start drawing this way as soon as possible otherwise
you will just keep producing work that nobody else can use. Can you imagine the schematic of your PC
written this way?

Example of good practice:
- Write the analog preconditioning part, that will transform the input into an ADC input signal.
Or 2 because apparently you have 2 ADCs used.
- Write the CPU block, with labels ADC0 and ADC1 that are not connected to the analog part,
but simply labeled. And if your cad sofware has ADC0 at two places (even 2 different sheets), it
will know that they are connected. Exactly as it does it for ground and +5V as explained above.

Dora.

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back