Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vibration resistant display up to 4g acceleration amplitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_horst

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am quite struggling to find a reliable display for a meter project.

It's of course rather easy to find one facing the also needed -40°C - +85°C, but when it comes to vibration resistance I usually just can find in some data sheets tests up to 1,5g (which often are not passed without negative consequences).

Does somebody know one, a manufacturer or at least could give me a hint where to search? (I would love to avoid reading through each data sheet of displays provided by resellers like mouser etc.) :???:

You did not mention what kind of display you're looking for, whether it's Alphanumeric, Graphic, VGA, etc. Perhaps the appropriate criterion for seeking such a device is that it must have industrial classification, but even if you succeds in finding a product with such specification you must take into account the reputation of the manufacturer. Anyway, to avoid to be tied to a single manufacturer/brand in that case I would consider using an OLED display, which seems much more vribration resistent.

damn sry, indeed OLED was therefore also my plan

actually a graphical monochrome with something around 128x64 respectively 2" with a driver and communicating with it serial via SPI or I2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back