Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2x to 1.5x Voltage Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

luel04

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i have a voltage doubler architecture, and i need to produce a 1.5x of the voltage input (1.5V to 2.25V). So the way to do it is putting a capacitor somewhere across the voltage doubler architecture. I wanna put a switch for the capacitor so that when the input is 1.5V, the architecture will be a 1.5x voltage converter and when input is 1.3V, the architecture will be a 2x voltage converter. However, the mos switch seems to be not working since the two nodes where it is connected almost have the same voltages. The pic shows that Vd is almost equal to Vs. The mos switch's gate is connected to a comparator. I need a validation that this kind of switching will not work, I would also like to hear suggestions for the switching

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 79

Status
Not open for further replies.