Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suitable Memory for Intense vibrations situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAVADHABIBI

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i Have a board on a situation that has many Intense vibrations. I need a non-volatile Memory with at least 13 MByte/s write speed. I can use a USB Flash Drive(Hi-speed) or SD Card (U3 Model of UHS speed class). Which choice is better about Data-Durability on hard vibration and impact?(True writing on vibration and also not clearing after data writed) Flash Memory or SD Card? or other better idea?

The USB memory has a much greater mass (bad for vibrations) and a connector that isn't intended for such applications.
I would go for the SD-card, but a microSD card is probably even better.

You want the mass to be as low as possible, and you want a connector with a good locking mechanism.

Thank you, Can you get me more information about mass and it's relation to Data-Durability? I have no idea about this.

I don't expect any problem with the "Data-Durability" on the flash chip due to vibrations. The problems are mechanical and with the connectors. For a given vibration, the forces are proportional to the mass.
As an example, large electrolytic capacitors are problematic with vibrations. If you don't glue them to the board they will snap off.

Status
Not open for further replies.