Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS - Combining 2 rectifier circuit output

Status
Not open for further replies.

watatayaya

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am currently working on 2 rectifier circuits. 1 of them is operating at 900MHz and 1800MHz, while the other is operating at 2100MHz and 2600MHz. I have simulate both circuits individually as well. The circuit designs are shown below.

Circuit 1.JPG
Circuit 2.JPG

As I would like to combine both the circuit outputs together, I have designed the following circuit as shown below.

circuit 3.JPG

With that, I am not quite sure whether the approach I had used to combine them is appropriate. In addition for the harmonic balance parameters, have I set it correctly for this configuration?

Thank you!

... I am not quite sure whether the approach I had used to combine them is appropriate. In addition for the harmonic balance parameters, have I set it correctly for this configuration?

Depends on what you want to achieve: considering DC output voltage, this circuit does not add the two single DC voltages. Just the higher one wins. If only one of the two channels is active, i.e. only one rectifier delivers DC output voltage, then this is your output.

Status
Not open for further replies.