Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to change Unknown Diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarinMishev

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, When i test diode with digital multimeter, it show .790 what diode is it?

Why do you want to change it when it's apparently healthy?

Can be almost anything, impossible to distinguish e.g. rectifier or zener diode, voltage and current rating. You might try to decode the marking, e.g. color rings, or analyze the circuit to determine the diode's role and expectable spec.

There are 4 identical diodes, but one is burnt. They are smd, this is a musical amplifier with two identical channels. There is no marking, no scheme...

musical amplifier with two identical channels
Diodes are connected around some transistors ? Possibly are the diodes of the class D audio amp. What is the power rated your amplifier ?

Output Power / Channel: 15 Watt
(Philips DSS 370)
Yes, Diodes are connected around transistors of the end step of the amplifier.
They are connected in series, one against another, and then they have a resistance of 1000 kilos.

(Philips DSS 370)
The commercial name of the product does not help. It would help if you tell what IC part numbers you see inside.

They are connected in series, one against another, and then they have a resistance of 1000 kilos.
They have a resistance in series with them of 1000 k ?

By diodes connected around transistors, I meant they are connected right in parallel with the transistor, that is, from source to drain of each one of them, is this right ? What else do they have connected (electrically connected) to them ? The output inductor (if there is any) ?
It would be nice if you can sketch the surrounding circuitry. (does not need to be nice, a hand sketch is good)

IMG_20180118_1008551.jpg

I successfully changed the diode and the crackle disappeared, but the amplifier channel continues to fade when the volume is not greatly increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back