Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use error correction in this amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

northumber82

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I've this VAS and output stage in my personal amplifier:
sMGU0Vp.png

How do I implement on this configuration the error correction of Hawksford or Cordell instead of static bias? Can anyone make me a scheme?

Last edited by a moderator:

That's no useful static bias circuit at all. It must be driven by current sources, but the npn and pnp cascode stages are unable to provide constant current.

In the backend there there is the input stage (look in the image, "from IPS"). The amplifier is composed by two CFP differential with constant current generator and Wilson mirroring. I've to implement the error correction by Cordell or Hawksford in this configuration. What you see is the VAS plus output stage.

Cordell error correction:
P1L4eed.png

Hawksford error correction:
8mMQKyz.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Both circuits have nothing in common with the post #1 cascode common emitter stage topology.

If the CE stages in post #1 mimic the voltage amplification stage, it's a poor approach.

Is this the problem, I've to adapt them to my personal configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.