Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Substrate file on ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrina

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I created a structure on ADS then i saved and compared the substrate file, layer map file and .gds file (i convert it to .gdt file), I noticed that the layer numbers on substrate file and on .map file are not the same. when i start working on ADS i create the stuck (layers stuck up) then when i exported the layer map file i found that layer id on substrate different from the one on .map file. Could anyone help me to understand this?

I noticed that the layer numbers on substrate file and on .map file are not the same.

Did you check the actual ADS layer number, or the number in the leftmost column in the GDSII export mapping? That number in the left column is NOT the ADS layer number.

ads_lay.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyrina

Cyrina

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Did you check the actual ADS layer number, or the number in the leftmost column in the GDSII export mapping? That number in the left column is NOT the ADS layer number.

View attachment 144371

Yes I check the number in the GDII export option and the one the layer definition, the layer number is different
^5C5D249530739F211E3720A9A9E39FE5EB3ACB02589DA22142^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

Yes I check the number in the GDII export option and the one the layer definition, the layer number is different
View attachment 144372

Interesting .... I have never than this behaviour before. Whenever I used it, GDSII layer number = ADS layer number.
automap.PNG

You might need to edit the GDSII mapping manually to fix this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyrina

Cyrina

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back