Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UVM_FATAL Issue during factory overriding

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinitkanojia

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to integrate a module UVC at chip level. Objective is to pick the uvc from the library. The behavioral model in the UVC requires a project specific hack. After inheriting a new class from the parent class, I make the required changes in the derived class and try to override the same from my base test. It throws the following UVM_FATAL message during overriding:

Code:
UVM_FATAL @ 0: reporter [FCTTYP] Factory did not return a component of type 'aes_xts_model'. A component of type 'aes_xts_model_chip' was returned instead. Name=m_aes_xts_model Parent=sdp_uvc contxt=uvm_test_top.m_fethrock_env.m_sdp_dec_uvc

Where, aes_xts_model is the parent class and aes_xts_model_chip is the class derived from aes_xts_model. m_fethrock_env has two instances of sdp UVC, m_sdp_enc_uvc and m_sdp_dec_uvc.

My first concern is the error itself and second one is, why is the error not thrown while overriding the model in m_sdp_enc_uvc.

The way I override base test is:
Code:
    aes_xts_model::type_id::set_type_override(aes_xts_model_chip::get_type());

Please advice.

Thanks,
Vinit

See if this helps.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. As suggested in the link, aes_xts_model_chip is derived from aes_xts_model. I try to override aes_xts_model with aes_xts_model_chip from my base test. I still get the same issue.

Please let me know more info would be needed.

Thanks,
Vinit

The error message seems too disagree with what say is in your source code. I would have to see the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back