Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(Verilog) Square Root Carry Select Adder

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX101XXX

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Square Root Linear Carry Select

Hello,

I am trying to find or get a boolean expression for a square root linear carry select.

I am trying to program one in Verilog. If I can get a boolean expression then it would be a lot easier for me to program. If I can get one with "sum =...." and "carry/cin = ...." that would also be a plus.

I tried looking on google and here, and I can't seem to find any boolean expression for square root. The only one that I can find that is close is carry select.

Thank you for the help.

Hello,

I am trying to program in Verilog a square root carry select adder. However, if I can get the boolean expression of the square root adder it would make my task alot easier. I tried looking online for a boolean expersion, but I counldn't find one for square root adder.

If I can get the expression in "sum = ...." and "carry/cin = ..." then it would be a plus.

Thank you for the help.

Re: Square Root Linear Carry Select

Hello,

I am trying to find or get a boolean expression for a square root linear carry select.

I am trying to program one in Verilog. If I can get a boolean expression then it would be a lot easier for me to program. If I can get one with "sum =...." and "carry/cin = ...." that would also be a plus.

I tried looking on google and here, and I can't seem to find any boolean expression for square root. The only one that I can find that is close is carry select.

Thank you for the help.

The Boolean expression for a Square root adder and a carry select adder are the same. A square root adder is a specific implementation of the carry select adder. It consists of blocks of CSA's.

The first block is a 2 bit wide carry select adder, the second block is a 3 bit wide CSA, 3rd is 4bit CSA, then a 5 bit, 6bit, 7bit, etc.

The reason for this structure is to take advantage of gate delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back