Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue with pcellEvalFaild warning on Layout Virtuoso IC6.1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmezz23

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to do a layout of a simple inverter with my Virtuoso 6.1.6-64b, through the ams_cds tech : c18b4. When I try to import the instance from the schematic, it returns me a blinking warning on the workbench:
pCell Eval. Failed
If I follow Verify>>Marker>>Explain

it says me :

("dbCreateLabel" 0 t nil ("*Error* dbCreateLabel: Invalid layer/purpose" nil))

What can I do to solve the issue?

You can find attached a screenshot of the problem
Screenshot.png

Thanks a lot for the help.
Bests,

Giovanni

Last edited:

... If can be useful this is the Log of the problem:

*WARNING* (DB-270001): Pcell evaluation for cmrf7sf/pfetx/layout has the following error(s):
*WARNING* (DB-270002): ("dbCreateLabel" 0 t nil ("*Error* dbCreateLabel: Invalid layer/purpose" nil))
*WARNING* (DB-270003): Error kept in "errorDesc" property of the label "pcellEvalFailed" on layer/purpose "marker/error" in the submaster.
*WARNING* rodCreateRect: required argument "?layer" not specified or nil
*WARNING* rodCreateRect: command failed
*WARNING* rodAssignHandleToParameter: required argument "?rodObj" not specified or nil
*WARNING* rodAssignHandleToParameter: command failed
*WARNING* rodAssignHandleToParameter: required argument "?rodObj" not specified or nil
*WARNING* rodCreatePath: required argument "?layer" not specified or nil
*WARNING* rodCreatePath: command failed
*WARNING* rodCreatePath: required argument "?layer" not specified or nil
*WARNING* rodCreatePath: command failed
*WARNING* (BND-2055): The 'permuteRule' property on cellview 'cmrf7sf/pfetx/layout' was ignored because it contains invalid terminal names - '(p D S)'.
*WARNING* (LX-2003): Cannot create instance terminal on layout instance '|TP0' because the instance master 'cmrf7sf/pfetx/layout' does not have a corresponding terminal 'B'.
*WARNING* (LX-2003): Cannot create instance terminal on layout instance '|TP0' because the instance master 'cmrf7sf/pfetx/layout' does not have a corresponding terminal 'D'.
*WARNING* (LX-2003): Cannot create instance terminal on layout instance '|TP0' because the instance master 'cmrf7sf/pfetx/layout' does not have a corresponding terminal 'G'.
*WARNING* (LX-2003): Cannot create instance terminal on layout instance '|TP0' because the instance master 'cmrf7sf/pfetx/layout' does not have a corresponding terminal 'S'.
*WARNING* (LX-2006): There were errors or warnings during layout generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back